Perennial Management Limited (“Perennial”) is a full-service property management company, with over 25 years’ experience, specializing in commercial and residential real estate services in Newfoundland and Labrador. Perennial provides commercial brokerage, project management for all scopes of construction and maintenance, complete accounting services, and comprehensive property management. With over 700,000 square feet of commercial space and more than 1,200 residential units under management, Perennial is one of the largest property management firms in the province. Perennial has a pipeline of new business that will see it expand over 50% in the next five years.
Perennial is expanding its team of real estate professionals to facilitate this growth and is actively recruiting for a Commercial Property & Leasing Manager, which will include a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Reporting to Perennial’s General Manager, The Commercial Property and Leasing Manager will be directly responsible for overseeing property management for a portion of Perennial’s commercial portfolio, including the leasing of vacant space and renewals for existing tenants. The role will involve working closely with Perennial’s maintenance and finance departments, as well as directly with small and large tenants to provide second to none customer service. The candidate should have experience in these areas or other relevant working history and skill set that would be an asset for this role.
- Manage the daily overview of day-to-day operations and management of commercial buildings which would include the scheduling of various inspections, contractors, and maintenance as required for each property.
- Coordination of various third-party services for cleaning and preventative maintenance to crucial building systems such as HVAC, electrical, and plumbing.
- Provide a point of contact for tenants and building owners, and work with them in a proactive manner to ensure proper functioning of their real estate and resolve any issues that arise.
- Perform regular building inspections for cleanliness and preventative maintenance.
- Administer the day-to-day tenant/landlord obligations within each lease agreement and ensure rent balances are collected.
- Preparation of various financial reports supporting the annual budgeting process and ensuring monthly expenditures are within the budget parameters.
- Assist with the review of year-end common area maintenance reconciliations.
- Review and approval of all property vendor/contractor invoices.
- Work with Perennial’s sales team to market and lease vacant space and negotiate lease renewals with existing tenants.
- Degree/Diploma in Business or equivalent in Facilities Management.
- Experience within commercial real estate property management and sales.
- Must be a “team player” being positive, outgoing, and having good client service orientation.
- Highly organized and the ability to quickly pivot between the varied responsibilities of the position.
- Be a licensed Realtor or willing to become one in the coming months (Perennial pays all associated costs).
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to interact and communicate with professional courtesy among clients and tenants.
- Good understanding and interpretation of various commercial lease types and related operating costs.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate software (Yardi Voyager) would be considered an asset.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects simultaneously.
- Required after hours “on-call”, having the ability to handle emergency situations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and requires use of personal vehicle, with Perennial paying associated costs.
Please send resume to [email protected]. Deadline to apply is Feb. 15, 2021.