The Commercial Property Manager will be directly responsible for overseeing all day-to-day activities and must be knowledgeable of these activities to assure the successful operation of each building/portfolio that we manage.
• Manage the daily overview of day-to-day operations and management of commercial buildings which would include the scheduling of various inspections, maintenance, and other items as required.
• Coordination of various third party contracts and ensuring the appropriate certificates of insurance and workers compensation are in place.
• Maintain tenant relations
• To administer the day to day tenant/landlord obligations within each lease agreement
• Provide support for annual budgeting process
• Assist with the preparation of common area maintenance reconciliations
• Perform regular building inspections for cleanliness/preventative maintenance.
• Respond quickly to tenant concerns or questions, and take prompt action to resolve any problems that may arise.
• To ensure expenditures are within budget parameters and maximize revenues when possible
• Coding of all applicable property vendor invoices
• Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Business would be considered an asset
• Experience within commercial real estate property management would be an asset
• Current valid driver’s license and use of own vehicle required
• Must be a “team player”. Positive, outgoing, good customer service orientation.
• Proficient with computer skills including Microsoft Office programs.
• Ability to interact and communicate with professional courtesy among tenants, and contractors.
• The understanding of various types of commercial leasing and related operating cost
• Knowledge of commercial real estate software (Yardi Voyager) would be considered an asset.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task multiple projects simultaneously
• Required after hours “On-call”, having the ability to handle emergency calls