The KMK Capital Group of Companies is hiring for the position of Financial Controller.
This position will be a senior member of the financial team for an expanding group of companies both within Canada and the US.
Headquartered in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, KMK Capital Inc. is one of Newfoundland and Labrador’s leading real estate development and service companies.
Through our group of companies, KMK offers full-service residential and commercial property management and leasing, real estate investment and brokerage, commercial and residential development, project management and construction consulting. KMK owns state-of-the-art retirement residences and firms specializing in civil, mechanical, structural and electrical engineering consulting services. KMK has played a pivotal role in many of the newest and largest residential and commercial/industrial developments in St. John’s.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Financial Controller to oversee all aspects of financial management including but not limited to corporate accounting, budget and forecast preparation, regulatory and financial reporting as well as development of internal control policies and procedures and financial risk management. The successful candidate for this position will report directly to our Chief Financial Officer and play an instrumental role in the financial future of the company.
- Planning, directing and coordinating all day-to-day accounting functions, being responsible for full-cycle accounting and oversee and support finance staff
- Manage the annual budgeting process and the preparation of regular cash flow forecasting
- Assessing current accounting operations and propose recommendations for process improvements to support efficiency and effectiveness of day-to-day activities
- Prepare timely and accurate financial statements (monthly, quarterly, year end) and prepare variance analysis against budget
- Analyze and present monthly financial results to the CFO and group partners
- Manage and co-ordinate the annual year-end audit and tax returns process
- Oversee the month end processes, reconciliations and internal reporting to ensure accurate financial accounting
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching to direct reports, ensuring continual development, performance expectations and engagement, performance reviews and goal setting, and fostering a collaborative team environment
- Ensure that all reporting deadlines are met
- Accountable for the accounting of all KMK Group companies
- Contribute to other special projects as assigned
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer as assigned
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- Minimum of 8-10 years of related work experience with several years in a similar role
- Canadian Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or significant experience in a financial controller role
- Strong leadership, people management skills and ability to motivate
- Professional presence with excellent communication skills, presentation skills at a senior level, and excellent report writing
- Able to work quickly and accurately, and apply sound professional judgement
- Able to multi-task and manage changing workloads and priorities and meet deadlines whilst delivering to a high standard
- Demonstrated initiative in improving systems and tools
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Analytical thinking – strong computer skills, data modelling, Microsoft Excel, ability to analyze large volume of data and provide relevant and concise analysis
- Focused on delivering targets
- Self-motivated with a can do attitude
- Strong adaptability skills. Should be able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, and deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events while delivering to monthly deadlines
The KMK Capital Group of Companies offers competitive compensation and an attractive benefits program. As an employee of the KMK Group, you will be part of a growing company that values a supportive, team-based environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest is joining our team, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume on or before November 24, 2021 to [email protected] or to the attention of:
Human Resources Department
KMK Capital Group of Companies
Suite 202, 40 Aberdeen Ave.
St. John’s, NL A1A 5T3