KMK Capital Inc. is one of Newfoundland and Labrador’s leading real estate development and service companies. Through its group of companies, KMK offers full-service residential and commercial property management and leasing, real estate investment and brokerage, commercial and residential development, project management, and construction consulting. Along with its development pipeline, KMK owns two state-of-the-art retirement residences, engineering firms specializing in civil, mechanical, structural, and electrical engineering. KMK has played a pivotal role in many of the newest and largest residential and commercial/industrial developments in St. John’s.
KMK is currently seeking a Financial Reporting Analyst to join their team. This position plays a key role in KMK’s finance department. Reporting to the Manager of Financial Reporting and working closely with the operations and property management departments on a day to day basis. The ideal candidate will possess a strong knowledge of accounting, have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, is highly organized and has leadership experience. Experience in a similar role in a corporate group setting are considered assets.
As an important member of the finance group, the successful candidate will work to elevate KMK’s team, systems, processes, and analytical understanding of key metrics to facilitate the scaling up of operations with confidence, focus and intent.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mentoring finance department personnel.
- Coordinating and monitoring of monthly and year end reporting deadlines.
- Weekly cash management reporting for over 20+ entities.
- Reconcile, analyze, and maintain various GL accounts and sub-ledgers.
- Coordinate the month end close process for all companies / partnerships.
- Preparation of working papers and monthly financial statements.
- Analysis of monthly financial statements to reconcile variances from budget.
- Annual budgeting process and revised forecasts.
- Assisting with CRA audits/reviews and communication with CRA as required.
- Review of HST returns.
- Correspondence with financial institutions.
- Prepare monthly construction draws for various projects.
- Review monthly accounts receivable balances and review collection efforts with finance personnel.
- Assist with annual bank reporting.
- Assist Manager, Financial Reporting and the CFO with financial analysis and report preparation.
- Assist with various accounting projects and initiatives.
- Other duties as required.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role. Previous experience in the construction industry and in a corporate group setting is considered an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in Yardi Voyager, Jonas or Lone Wolf is considered an asset.
- Experience working in a team environment is a must.
- Highly organized, conscientious, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
KMK offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and benefits package.
To apply, email your resume to [email protected].