Headquartered in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, KMK Capital Inc. is one of Newfoundland and Labrador’s leading real estate development and service companies.
Through our group of companies, KMK offers full-service residential and commercial property management and leasing, real estate investment and brokerage, commercial and residential development, project management and construction consulting. KMK owns state-of-the-art retirement residences and firms specializing in civil, mechanical, structural, and electrical engineering consulting services. KMK has played a pivotal role in many of the newest and largest residential and commercial/industrial developments in St. John’s.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Property Accountant is responsible for full cycle accounting including preparing, analyzing, and delivering complete financial reports for a portfolio of residential and commercial properties.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Carry out the monthly entries, HST returns, and bank reconciliations
- Completion of monthly financial statement packages and working paper files including capital assets, prepaids, long-term debt, related journal entries and variance analysis to budget
- Manage and co-ordinate the annual year-end audits
- Preparation of annual budgets and cash forecasts
- Collection of accounts receivable and preparation of monthly accounts receivable report
- Regular correspondence with members of The Board of Directors of condominium corporations
- Achieve the Common Area Maintenance (CAM) and tax recovery with invoices
- Setting up new tenants, update charges and correct lease terms as required
- Coordinate, reconcile and record the monthly pre-authorized payments
- Prepare charge backs and invoices
- Coordinate/assist with accounts payable and approve cheque payments
- Work effectively and collaboratively with property management and other staff to provide value-add customer service to internal and external clients
- Other duties as required
- The ideal candidate is able to work independently under minimal supervision and demonstrates accountability for work assigned
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Collaborative and effective team player
- Good judgement and decision-making skills
- Proven multi-tasking skills with high level of attention to detail
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure, manage tight deadlines, and handle multiple demands with competing priorities
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in the accounting field
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field such as bookkeeping, accounting, finance, or business is an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel/Word/outlook); exposure to Yardi software is considered an asset
The KMK Capital Group of Companies offers competitive compensation and an attractive benefits program. As an employee of the KMK Group, you will be part of a growing company that values a supportive, team-based environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest is joining our team; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume on or before December 10, 2021 to [email protected] or to the attention of:
Human Resources Department
KMK Capital Group of Companies
Suite 202, 40 Aberdeen Ave.
St. John’s, NL A1A 5T3